Turn the knob to 11


Sunday, September 20

Way-back Machine

I'm home again safe and sound, but it was, shall we say, a "trippy" Saturday.


Backwoods Laundry service


Demon Deer
Trail Marker


After spending Friday and Saturday at 9 mile I began the trip home. I may have mentioned before that I have been known to pick up hitch-hikers. Just before the on ramp was a hippie-dippy couple with their thumbs out. I had room so what the hell, I pulled over. Chase and Wednesday were headed south to their parent's farm by Iola for a Harvest Festival. Cool. It wasn't too far out of my way so what the hell, I told them I'd get them to the party. After a bit I think we were near the WORS event location and there was a dozen or so cars parked on a farm road. They had a couple of live bands playing a blend of Beatles, Grateful Dead, Phish and other "you should be stoned, dude" music. They weren't quite a commune but it had that feel. The farmer, Mark, was pretty baked and was grateful for giving his son a ride. They invited me to share the food and PBR and I was welcome to stay as long as I wanted. Despite the tri-cornered hat he was wearing he seemed like a normal guy. The farm was sort-of a co-op. At about 40 acres they have around 50 people who come and maintain the crops. Everyone shares the bounty and it was very mellow. The food was all picked and prepared on site. With the exception of the PBR it was all vegetables. After the burning of the Eff-Veggie I said good-bye and continued home with a basket of vegetables as a reward for bringing the host's kid home.





5 comments:

The Shed Master said...

Damn hippies got to you - it's The Equinox, not The Solstice.

Tim said...

Okay, it was actually a "Harvest Festival"

The Shed Master said...

Damn hippies either way.

sean said...

hippies ruined everything cool.....

The Shed Master said...

Especially dope smokin'