Turn the knob to 11


Tuesday, September 22

Lumberjacking

Today the weather sucked. It rained heavily enough that it bypassed the corner storm drains and was flowing directly into the creek at the end of the block. Then I noticed I had left the windows on the Jetta cracked open yesterday. I scurried out with some towels and wiped it dry-ish. As I exited the Jetta I saw the back yard. Half of the maple sheared and fell onto the fence and sidewalk. It was 6 feet shy of hitting the camper. I borrowed a neighbor's 42cc Poulan and made it sing like the 500's that preceded the current version of MotoGP weaponry. I would have worn flannel to complete the image but the only flannel I have is pajama bottoms. That would be so wrong. I should have had eye protection too but I'm invincible.






1 comment:

The Shed Master said...

Damn hippies ruined your tree.