Turn the knob to 11


Thursday, September 17

Early Weekend

With Standing Rocks just over an hour to the north I was riding quality trails today by 10am. After two loops pushing (more like grinding) a 34x17 I was ready to call it quits. But I didn't need to as the chain decided to quit halfway through section 14. Russell suggested I blame Angie again. When I stopped in at the Hostel Shoppe, Scott Cole smiled when he tried taking the blame. In all honesty I can't let either take the fall, I have to shoulder the blame myself. I should have known a 3/32" half-link wouldn't work with a 1/8" chain for very long. It wasn't a big mystery since that's where the chain broke. At least it broke near the parking lot.

Hostel Shoppe is closest to the trail so I picked up both sizes of half-links since I have both sizes of chains with me. I wasn't surprised to see the Don hanging out with Mr Cole. After a quick hang-out in the shop I headed over to Best Buy...

Where else would I be able to pirate bandwidth for a blog post? I have images but I think they'll kick me out if I start plugging in my camera. Those will have to wait until Sunday when I get home.

No comments: