Turn the knob to 11


Friday, September 25

Tomorrow's destination: Belgium

Late this afternoon the skies darkened and the rains came. Some time later the natives began to feel unrest wash over their bodies. Russell and Cupcake decided to forgo the MTB options tomorrow and drive west to the Prairies of Sun. We're all hoping for the conditions to be Belgian.  
A couple of weeks ago I was thinking "racing is the best training." So when I looked at the options for this weekend it seemed like doing the Single Speed race and the 45+ race back to back was a bad idea. Somehow doing the SS race and waiting an hour to do the 35+ race seemed like a better option. Maybe I was thinking something like "I'll be better off waiting an hour after eating before swimming with sharks. Lord knows I wouldn't want a cramp." I'll be sufficiently trained Monday morning if I survive.

So I'll be packing 2 towels, my cow bell, and a cooler of PBR for the day. If you're not busy watching college & pro football come on out and give a loud "hup, hup, buttercup."


dammit

No comments: