Turn the knob to 11


Wednesday, January 7

Freddy Fender Nailed It



While reading a real newspaper today I became further enlightened about the unresolved recount to north in T6 territory. Without pasting a copy from the OED, I think everyone understands the word "intent." In an effort to bring clarity to the constituents and us 3rd party bystanders, the Minneapolis-St Paul Star Tribune has posted the actual ballots being contested by Al Franken and Norm Coleman.

Without calling anyone a douche bag, it looks to me that the issue was whether to count absentee ballots. I went though a dozen or so of the contested ballots and each one was, in my opinion, clearly marked for either Coleman or Franken. I didn't see any which might have shown a change of heart or indecision on the voter's part. In short there wasn't one which had a circle filled in but then had an "X" put through it and then the other candidate's circle filled in just as neatly.

In other election news, well hell, I'm not going south of the Wisco border. One thing I learned from journeyman electricians is to stay out of Illinois. I kind of knew that from doing the Downers Grove Criterium in the rain years ago, but if anyone ever asks me why I stay out of Illinois I can give them 3 reasons now. They voted for Rod R. Blagojevich, they can suffer the consequences for their actions.

I may have promised cycling related blogging the other day... it's a gradual process of weaning for me.

1 comment:

monogodo said...

Hey, you mentioned a Crit, that counts as cycling related content.