Turn the knob to 11


Tuesday, July 17

it hurts so good


yesterday I intentionally went out on the Rig to run errands and get the joints moving. It wasn't pretty. By the time I reached my Dad's house I needed to get off the bike. A brief conversation later I was back on the road to drop off the pictures I took over the weekend. I should really get a modern digital camera. I was feeling better so I kept heading south and I stopped in to thank Gary for giving me such a deal on my new Maverick rims. I almost think they steer better than noodley road rims, hmmm could be. Nothing too scary, and just to be sure I did a few hill loops at Olbrich sled hill. I rode around until dusk and called it a night.

Today was a long day at work mostly because the rain wanted to fall but wouldn't. By the end of the day I was wearing wet clothes. I was so frustrated by the tinners at the job I just needed to sit. I went to one of our many jobs to help a pair of our steam fitters get their wiring pulled only to find the tinners had sawz-all'd anything that might have been in their way. On any other job if another trade has something in the way of their work they come to you and ask if it can be moved or put in after their work. Most times everyone works together thou not without the usual bitching and moaning about how it's costing them time and money. Not for these tinners, they cut out 3 of our pipes which are needed to connect with their system! In the entry of the building they cut 6 of the electrical contractor's pipes, and 2 already had live wiring within. I told my boss if I catch one sawing one of our pipes I'll take the sawz-all away and throw it off the roof of the building. Then I'll tell them if I catch them doing it again I'll send them after the saw.

Anyway, I didn't ride tonight. So there.

No comments: