Turn the knob to 11


Monday, July 2

69er development time

Yesterday I was mistaken in thinking I would have dominated my multispeed age group by 6 minutes. Upon reflection I think I was either looking at page two or an uncorrected result for a wave that started behind us SS's.

Today I installed the 26" Bontrager Switchblade Race fork on the 1995 Cannondale M900. I ordered an Origin 8 Space Bar from a shop in Hartford. They should be here by the end of the week. Saturday I picked up a 36t chainring in 94mm BCD for the CODA cranks. Once installed they have ample chainstay clearance compared to the 44t that was on there previously. The only remaining items needed are a front brake caliper and a pair of Big Cheese grips. I'll be using the Avid levers which were on the Rig before it got the Pauls and a very cool SunTour XCPro 8sp thumb shifter.

It should be fun sorting it out on the trails before 24/9. I'd like it to be the alternate bike for the Rig. Ah yes, 24/9. Stuart Shelton asked me to be part of a 4 person team with him. What the heck, I should be in fine form in 4 weeks.








No comments: