Turn the knob to 11


Wednesday, June 13

Bug, meet windshield

Yesterday's glory was forgotten quickly after the warm-up lap. If anyone is out west of Madison, keep an eye out for my legs sitting by the top of a hill, I seem to have left them unattended. The wind was a pain in the ass for 75% of the lap and the B racers didn't know how to solve that problem. My effort to show them the light resulted in a quick trip to the back of the field two laps later. On the bright side I was off the front for 2 laps, with my heart rate at 179 the whole time. When a diivision occurred in the field I was on the wron end of it. As I wound it up to bridge the 100 meters or so, the coach of the Madison West High School Team announced to his kids "get on his wheel, he'll tow us up there." I would have if they'd have stayed in my draft, these juniors are just learning but they'll do better next time. I survived the B race and lined up for the A. Two laps into the A I was history. I limped way and headed home.

Rick Walls called me about half-way home. He and Liz will be staying with us the night befor the Horribly Hilly Hundred and he just wanted to give me an ETA for Friday night. I know they like cats so he'll have 4 to choose from.

No comments: