Turn the knob to 11


Tuesday, May 8

People

I am not generally a calm person. When someone causes damage to my home and then takes money for services not rendered I want to cause them harm. Slow, focused and intense harm. Harm that makes them plead to me to stop.

When I came home from 8 hours of bullshit at school to find that RotoRooter had broken a sewer drain pipe during the annual root removal I schedule... and charged me $225 forthe pleasure, I went through the roof.

Fortunately I know a plumber/cyclist. Tomorrow I'll be in a better frame of mind after borrowing a few tools of destruction from the service truck and a visit to Home Depot.

A ride made things better, until I found a broken spoke from Sunday. I thought I'd just put a minor kick in the rear wheel while blasting through the pine tree tunnel, but after my 12th climb up the sled hill at Hiestand Park I paused to assess the rear wheel wobble. Wouldn't you know it was a simple spoke broken at the hub flange on the rotor side. So I did a set of sit-ups and two more hill climbs and toddled home.

I zipped over to the East Sieeeeeeeda Trek store and Kevin hooked me up with a shiny new 292mm DT, and tossed in a nipple for free. Before leaving he let me put a Paragon front wheel in a Cronus equipped with a 26" Al Switchblade fork. There is plenty of room for a Jones ACX , which means it will allow the M900 to be a 69er.

But the fork will come after the plumbing repairs.

1 comment:

P-lip said...

Let me know before you go throwing money at that fork, I "might" know someone who can "help."