Turn the knob to 11


Friday, May 11

the 3 most important rules

Early in my apprenticeship I had a chance to work with plumbers. Everyone always jokes about other trades being lesser than their own, but the best joke I heard relates to plumbers.

There are 3 things a plumber needs to know.
1. Shit flows down hill. (but you can pump it up hill with an electrician's help)
2. Payday is Friday.
3. Never chew your fingernails.

You might think #3 is a no brainer, but there are guys in all the trades that will not be able to get that one straight.

With Dennis' help and guidance I was successful in replacing and repairing the sewer drain and stack from the kitchen. It doesn't leak and the pipe I installed is plumb and square. It's a shame to cover it in drywall, but then all my work it that way.

Now that I'm done playing "This Old House" I can ride my bike again. I hope to do that tonight.

No comments: