Turn the knob to 11


Friday, December 28

The view from my Father-in-law's living room

The same view with the sother tip of Whidby Island showing.

Yesterday wasn't too bad. A minor 45 minute delay in Detroit from the semi-freezing rain had us passing through the de-icing station. Having the lift forces work cleanly on the wings is important so I didn't mind. I travelled with the laptop so I was able to veg out and watch a movie on the 4 hour flight. NWA has gone bare bones, which is fine by me since they rarely did the job right when they provided meals or movies. My bro-in-law Tony picked me up at Sea-Tac airport without a hitch and we had 7 hours to kill before Karen and Sephie were due to land. So we went bowling. We bowled and played pool... and had a few pitchers of Fat Tire until 7. The Dude would be proud. Karen and Sephie were able to cruise though baggage claim too and we were off to my father-in-law's in Mukilteo.

Looking at the post I made at MTBR Forums I may have a ride set up for tomorrow. That will be soooooo cool.

It'll be nice if I can get a couple of rides in as well as running while I'm here. It seems every trip out here is spent sitting at in-law's houses doing nothing, which is fine for a time, but it wears thin doing it every day. As long as I at least run every day it'll be a good trip.

No comments: