Turn the knob to 11


Saturday, May 19

"...Can do, can do..."

"I got a horse right here, his name is Paul Revere... can do..."

I'll be running that old show tune through my head during my race. Yeah, go ahead and mock, but show tunes have tempo. I'll need tempo after passing all the back markers. That will be the day's theme. We, the collective of SS's, will be gridded last for the start. Sounds like some fun. After doing a lap with a 34x22 I thought I had it dialed. As I rolled through the parking lot I saw Rich trying to change his chainring on his El Mariachi while Rob unloaded his Rig. As we talked about the course and gearing Rich said the smartest thing about gearing I've heard in a while. "we'll be passing all the slow multis so we should be geared accordingly." I'd geared the Rig as if I was riding unimpaired. He was right, I needed a lower gear. So I needed to put on the 32. Not having it with me I definately had to go home for the night. So after a Muddy Cup smoothie and hanging out with the usual suspects, I headed home.

After dinner and a beer I'll watch "The Good Shepherd" and hit the sack. It's better than camping.

Here's some images from the photographer at the Platteville TT.




No comments: