Turn the knob to 11


Thursday, April 19

Indecisive

After a quick motor over to Marshall and back on T & TT in 1:30 at 145bpm I got the Rig ready for Saturday in Platteville. Last year I wasn't ready or in shape for a SS race. I ran the lowest gear I had, 32x19 and I had to walk twice. Yeah, it was a steep section, but I'm pretty sure I can climb it in that gear now. So this year I'm going with a 34x22. I'm going to do the Sport race for a few reasons. While I'd like to move up to Comp for WORS, I don't want to make a fool of myself when I do so. If I can feel confident about my current conditioning, which should continue to improve, then I'll feel better about upgrading. If I don't have a better result compared to last year, I'll either upgrade anyway or I'll stay in the Sport ranks. While I want to be having fun at the races, this season there's the added responsibility of Killing Dreams.

No comments: