Turn the knob to 11


Friday, April 27

Are we there yet?

Not being in the mood to ride is a dangerous thing. I did a quick tune-up on a friend's hybrid and changed into road kit for a spin. I delivered the hybrid riding the Seven and was in a slightly better frame of mind. I decided to entertain myself with an impromtu circuit race around the UW Ag building. It was a 1.14 mile loop from the top of Henry Mall down to Elm & Observatory, then up Observatory to Charter and then down to Linden and back to the front of the Ag building. 20 laps later I needed to go home. A measly 85' of climbing per lap was magnified by climbing in a 53x19 each lap. A quick hammer home at 25mph made me feel as though I'd been productive. Persephone gave my mind a new path to follow when she said upon my return "Did you have a good race" I told her I was just out on a training ride and the race is Sunday. To which she replied "I hope you didn't ride too hard tonight, you need to save your strength for the race."

No comments: